Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Rain!

Yes, it rained yesterday for about 3 hours in the morning.  Today seems like it's going to be dry.  I'm feeling better but not 100%.  Thanks for the well wishes.

Yesterday afternoon I headed to check out CePEHRG - the Centre for Peer Education and Human Rights, Ghana.  It's a volunteer-run organization dedicated to upholding and educating the public human rights, HIV awareness, women's empowerment and GLBTQIetc rights.  Hopefully I'll get a paying job somewhere and still be able to volunteer here - they already have tasks in mind for me.  Doing a newsletter, editing written stuff, and doing some in-house empowerment training for the women are on the list for now.

Just saw an ad for a position today at the U of Ghana Legon for a part-time lecturer in academic writing.  I could do that.  Problem is, the deadline was March 31 and I can't get in touch with anyone to ask if they would still accept an application!  Wish me luck here or maybe in the Department of Linguistics!

No comments:

Post a Comment