Thursday, April 28, 2011

ant fixes and no water.

We have been out of water for 24 hours.  About an hour ago, half of the house got water back, but it's the half that the kitchen and washing machine are NOT in, so it's not very helpful.  It happened after Jens and I took "showers" with water sachets, too, so it really didn't do much good apart from helping me mop the ant-y balcony...

Per a cousin's suggestion, I've watered the anted plant with soapy water and then I washed off the whole balcony, sweeping all the water down the drain.  However, the drainpipe cuts off three inches off the balcony, and drips onto the balconies downstairs (which bothered the first-floor neighbors; the guard came upstairs to tell me so).  LL is away until May 3 but will sort it out then, perhaps by extending the drain pipe, or by telling the neighbors they need to get used to it and my promising it won't happen often?

The choir performance at the Japan benefit gig is going on despite most of the tenors and sopranos not being able to make it - for once, the altos are the biggest section, which is pretty cool.  I heard tickets are sold out, too.  The downside is that we don't get to stay on after the show because they won't have space for us.  When you think about it, that's pretty ridiculous, not letting the performers enjoy the rest of the show.

I have got to get going to CEPEHRG.  I'm not taking it seriously and I should be.  Ciao, fair readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment