Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I Want

I want it to stop being so hot.

I want the internet to be faster.

I want to be able to reassure myself that I can get any job I want.

I want our upstairs neighbor to stop stomping around in high heels on the fake-marble floors at all times of day - last night she got home at 3:30am.  It woke me up.  Click, click, click.

I want a friend who will listen to me unreservedly.  Preferably here, because the internet is too slow to Skype anyone and Google phone calls aren't working from my accounts.

I want my computer screen to just stop being broken.

I want not to be treated like a commodity because of my religion.

I want to have some time when I can tell the repair guys for the windows and bathrooms to come in, when I'm not supposed to be at work or sorting out the curtains or a dining room table or a TV stand.  Or shopping for food, or whatever.  And then some day, have a time when there's NOTHING that needs to be fixed or taken care of or ants killed or leaks or cracks or worries to plague my mind.  I want things to work the way they should rather than being told stupid fixes, like "Oh, this window screen will never fully close on the right side, but the left side is perfectly usable so always do it that way."

I want tacos for dinner.  That wish will at least be granted, because Lara Mart had a special on taco shells last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment