Sunday, April 3, 2011

feelin' lousy

Since 7pm last night I've been hit by something not great - but not horrible.  First off I know I was really dehydrated by the end of the day, but it's probably something else, too.  Fever and chills, aches and fatigue, digestive woes.  We're pretty sure it's not malaria as the fever is not high enough and I don't feel as bad as they say you do with malaria.  The Internet says I might have giardia, but I'm not going to share what Google search I used to come up with that. We'll see if it passes or not.

It's a real shame, too, because last night we went to the Ethiopian restaurant (yes, the only one, as far as we know).  We started off thinking there would be three of us, then four, then we heard of eight when we arrived - but sixteen came along in the end.  The food was okay, but I didn't eat much and couldn't enjoy it as I was feeling lousy.

Aimee's back from her week in South Africa.  She and Jens are going to the supermarket today - I was planning to, but don't feel up for it now.

April's officially the start of the rainy season, on the calendars.  It's gotten overcast in the past half hour, but not really dark, so I think the clouds are too light for rain.  We need some rain soon, so we can keep getting good fruit!  And, you know, all those non-superficial reasons...

3 comments:

  1. Feel better.....check with a doctor if you don't start feeling better soon. There are all sorts of bugs in Africa. Having had dengue fever myself, I can say that some of them are pretty miserable but it's better to get it diagnosed. You can treat giardia.....AND don't get dehydrated! If you are, get to the doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's the shrimp... ;-P

    ReplyDelete