Monday, March 21, 2011

BeIng (a poem)

I want to live my life
For me
Without without
Without
Waiting
Waiting for opportunity
To overpower me
For chance
To catch up with me

I want to sieze this time I have
On our vast turning globe

Location is one thing, but
Being here really BE
Ing
In this place,
Fully-
That's another feat.

And my fear is holding me back,
Dozens of tens of whatifs
Whatifidon't like it.
Whatifi can't do it.
Whatifi, ifi, if I
Regret this choice?

Life tells me, from experience,
Child, the only regret is taking no path at all. Even "bad" choices are
Learning experiences.
Filed away for don't-do-that-agains
And funny/horrible/exciting
Campfire, coffee table stories.

So
What am I waiting for?

Lightning strikes
Those who hesitate-
And not in a good way.

Enough of paralysis
I don't need to wait
For anybody or anything.
I am a phenomenal woman!
And that means doing things for
Myself.

No one else need be proud of it,
But I'll know it when I have accomplished.
It will be sweet,
I have A, anticipate C
All that stands between is step B:
Getting my hands dirty!



Just a bit of a poem I cranked out (on my phone, hence the capital letters on every line) to try and help myself start doing something. Hope I manage- I know there are opportunities and somehow I need to get myself to pursue them actively. Despite being scared that I'm in a new environment, rather than excited for all these new learning experiences. Just gotta do something!

posted from Bloggeroid

4 comments:

  1. LOVE YOU! You can do anything. Venture forth! Remember that just because there's a wobbly note at the beginning of your solo, doesn't mean the aria won't be magnificent!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Und mit diesem wunderschönen Gedicht hast Du schon etwas geschaffen!
    Angst und Zweifel sind normal!
    Du bist so ein wundervoller Mensch!
    Du wirst Deinen Weg finden!
    Liebe Grüße - Doris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great insights for you to follow toward great new experiences. How true that "the only regret is taking no path at all." You know what to do - set goals, write them down, follow through. We are all rooting for you, and we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for chronicling this huge change in your life. As you process the feelings, comfort will start to appear. Love, Aunt Laura

    PS -- I sent the late St. Pat's day gift yesterday. Let me know how long it takes to arrive. The woman at the counter told me I had to write "Africa" after the word Ghana because I had no zip code. I patiently explained that Ghana is a country and we don't write "North America" after the address on our US letters. She figured it out.

    ReplyDelete