Saturday, May 14, 2011

heeeey, blogger's back!

After a long and eventful two days in which I couldn't post anything but wanted to so much, it's finally available again!

Thursday night I went to the hospital!  A Sprite bottle shattered and a shard hit my foot; I wanted a doctor to tell me if I needed stitches.  (Didn't.)  On the plus side, I got registered with the hospital, then examined and disinfected and bandaged up properly.  It's quite minor and will probably be gone within the week; it's already closing up quite well.  But it did hurt!

Last night we had a really fantastic party.  There was friends, food, music, drinks, dancing, chatting, smiles all round, and everyone LOVES the house.  It's hard not to!  We met the neighbors, too, and overall had a really good time.  I've also now promised to invite people over for breakfast some time to make the best use of our coffee machine.  Louisa started this idea of having people over for breakfast, and it's great.  A low-key Sunday brekkie.  Maybe in a few weeks.  Cappuccinos and huevos rancheros!

For now, I got a lovely African rainstorm around 10:30 which sounds like it's winding up now.  A fresh clean start for a fresh year of life!  AND, the Eurovision finals are being streamed in the expat-oriented sports bar tonight.  What a fabulous birthday I'm having!

No comments:

Post a Comment