Monday, May 23, 2011

Accra signage...

In a taxi. Just saw a car with an ad for the no-longer-operating Afriqiyah Airways which had the first two A's removed, leaving FRIQIY Hairways. Intentional or not, I laughed.

Just back from immigration to collect the residence extension in my passport. It wasn't ready yet on the expected due date, to the extent that the employee asked me, "why are you here today?" On the form they gave me, the officer wrote the initial of my first name and my full middle name.  When they called out my middle name, I had no idea they were asking for me until the penny finally dropped on about the fourth repetition.

Got an emergency appointment with the recommended dentist for this afternoon. Bad stuff started happening last night and I'm looking forward to seeing this guy, who's been recommended by friends, guide books and my own embassy. Enough of trying the locals- sometimes you just have to go to the Lebanese.

Taxi driver just said to me, "I want to pass here to swerve the traffic." The things these guys do with the language never cease to amuse!

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment