Friday, July 20, 2012

unbelievable

I heard about an hour ago about a shooting in an Aurora theater, very close to home.  They were having a midnight screening of the new Batman movie when a gunman set off a smoke or tear gas canister and opened fire; current numbers are 15 dead and 50 injured.

First question is why this guy was able to have 3 guns; why are guns legal?
Second thought is I'm worried I won't feel safe in any public space in the US any more.
Third thought: he was shooting what witnesses said was "random."  Why?  What could you possibly prove by doing this?

Not to mention, I have friends who are midnight-screening types, and God, I hope they are okay.  I hope they weren't there.

I can't focus at work any more... may end up calling today a wash overall, just trying to do as much as I can. Not much.

No comments:

Post a Comment