Thursday, March 22, 2012

Utilities gone mad

Lately we've had power outages more and more regularly.  Last night the power went out in the evening, came back 2 hours later for half an hour then went back off again - another citywide outage, and some say countrywide.  It happened last week and probably while we were away on vacation as well.
 
We've also got no water running to our house.  This is the case at our house, my coworker also in Osu, and my workplace in North Ridge (2-3 miles away).  Probably others, too.
 
I wonder what's up... 
 
The weather's been funky, too; it's hot season now, sure, I get that.  But hot season follows Harmattan and is supposed to give us clear skies, while we've had all-day cloud cover since J and I returned.  (Can't call him BF any more, and F is already my initial!) 
Rainy season is supposed to start next month, so we shouldn't be seeing clouds.  But the only Blue Skies I see are the bottles of local pineapple juice! 
 
Trying to think about wedding dresses, venues, guest lists, and get this wedding planning started from afar.  Most search results I've come up with on "planning weddings from abroad" give results about destination weddings.  I'm totally the opposite: I am living in a "destination" (so to speak) and want to plan a wedding "at home!"  How?!
 
Also - me?  in a white dress?  doing that whole bride thing?  I still can't imagine it for myself.  I guess there's still time to adjust to that between now and next spring...

No comments:

Post a Comment