Wednesday, January 11, 2012

being thankful.

Today I would like to thank:
 
1. Madame Redeemer at the Ghana immigration office for smiling and calming me down.  I get nervous when I talk to officials.
2. Rejoice in the kitchen at work for dashing me baking chocolate for dessert.  It is helping me get through the day!
3. Louise, my desk-neighbor, for the Vitamin C - another source of energy.
4. My aunt, uncle, cousin and cousin-in-law-to-be for their exciting and fun-filled visit.
 
I submitted my work permit application today, one year to the day after being issued my residence permit for Ireland.  It's surreal the places life brings you.
 
Work's crazy; we're trying to figure out the smoothest way to reach the extra 1000-file target.  The path's full of backtracks, parallel ways, and inconsistencies.  It'll smooth out in a while; just wish I was part of the smooth-ed and not the smooth-ing stage.  It's so frustrating to hear four different instructions in the same day!
 
Snags in my system include the hair stylist who I finally got in touch with today - but she is going away for a month starting tonight.  No haircut this weekend.  I guess I'll wait another month for the new style... making 11 months from one haircut to the next!  Another snag is that both taxi drivers who I wanted to take my family to the airport tonight are unavailable, and we'll end up having to find someone on the road who'll undoubtedly charge more.  OH WELL!  Such is life sometimes and you can't do anything but smile, because getting fed up doesn't help anybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment