Sunday, October 2, 2011

pains and therapy


Guys, I have sciatica!

Some kind of hip pain indeed I do have.  It's caused by a tight muscle in my sacrum squelching one of the nerves that runs through my left hip.  It's also caused some misalignment up my spine.  I'm in physical therapy now, and the therapist is going to cure some of my excess flexibility while we're at it.  It turns out that my being special is actually not gonna be healthy for my hips later on.  While she was pushing and prodding the muscles along my spine she poked at my right rotator muscle and declared it felt "like bubble wrap."  Owwwww!  Goodbye, duck feet; goodbye, creepy flexible-foot-based party trick.

I've also got a nasty cold - my first one since arriving here.  Three days into the new job and I'd lost my voice; this weekend I'm so congested I can't taste anything.  It's really weird!  It feels like my tongue is numb... but it's not.  I can still taste salt, mustard and Nutella.

I'm trying to take it pretty easy today and hope I'll be in working order by tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Like daughter, like mother? Sorry to hear of your physical woes. Can you do exercise/strengthening?

    ReplyDelete